Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sentimentality-Cramming

I think I'm pushing myself to do things for 'the last time' before I leave, and isn't that funny?
"Oh, I wanna eat sushi one more time before Tonga!" "Let's walk the farm one last time!" "Let's get DQ blizzards ONE more time" (which I'm sure will be like...every night. Let's face it, I love a blizzard.)
I'm eating lunch with a friend in 15 minutes, tonight is my last day of church at Hillvue, tomorrow is my last haircut and my last party with my Bowling Green friends/best friends in the world, Friday will be my last day with my brother in law, Friday night will be my last time of seeing Beauty and the Beast (live! woohoo!) AND my last night on campus, Saturday will be my last get-together with the family, and Sunday will be full of packing, stressing, preparing, clothes-scrambling, dancing (it relieves stress for me), and playing the piano for the last time.

UGH. Sentimentality gets on my nerves. I think it strikes a nerve in me where my anatomical alarm system says, "Abort! Abort! Detach! Get away!", yet my human self wants to sit in the middle of my ginormous suitcase in a pile of zip-lop bags and long hippie skirts while singing "Leaving on a Jet Plane" between sobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment