Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I Am Jamie, Dragon-Fighter of the High School World

Last night I had my third dream of fighting a dragon. The dragon is the same one from Sleeping Beauty, so I guess I was the female Prince Phillip. The other two times, I had this awesome sword--a really long one, one only a super strong heroine could handle--so upon my entry in my high school's gym, AKA Dragon Lair, I immediately poked out both its eyes and as it thrashed around, I cut off its head. Bam. Done. Heroine, woot woot!
Not this time. This time I kept running through the hallway where all my math and science classes were, watching the brave souls go in and out of the gym. As far as I know, no one was hurt/killed, but I do remember dressing up in this weird costume and watching two random people from high school dress as Hansel and Gretl in the wing bathroom.
Then someone gave me a dagger. He said, "Here's your dagger, Jamie. You must poke out both its eyes" (which I remembered,) "and then cut off its head."
Woah, turbo: problem here. First of all, I weighed the dagger according to my human calculations as the blade broke off its plastic handle. I snapped it back together thinking, "Okay, not my uber-awesome sword, hmmmm."
Basically, I spent the rest of the time in the bathroom, watching Hansel and Gretl discuss their distraction plan, then I would go in the double doors of the gym and just wait in the lobby, watching the dragon throw a security card across the gym and out the window. Oh yeah, there was one fatality, I assume.
Then, before I knew it, the principal came in, called for lunch break, and the dragon was tamed while all the students went into the gym/cameleon cafeteria to eat hoagies and such. I kept snapping my dagger on and off its handle, thinking there was no way to poke out the dragon's eyes with something the length of my forearm. And plastic.

1 comment: